DSC Version 2.0.0 Release Candidate 1
This is a major update since the last version released over a year ago. Being the first release candidate for v 2.0.0, we are making this available to the community for testing purposes prior to the final release on 31 May 2016.
This release brings a major update to the DSC software with the separation of the Collector and the Presenter. The code being released today is only the Collector.
Major changes / additions
- Use of Automake and rework of the Makefiles
- Conform to FHS 3.0
- Man-pages (man dsc, man dsc.conf)
- Continuous Integration testing using Travis-CI
- Compatibility testing on Debian, CentOS, FreeBSD and OpenBSD
- Use of Coverity Scan to find defects
- JSON output format, see output_format in dsc.conf(5)
- IPv6 support in country indexer and libgeoip is now runtime configurable, see geoip_v4_dat / geoip_v6_dat in dsc.conf(5)
- Signal handling and optional write reports on exit, see dump_reports_on_exit in dsc.conf(5)
- Upload scripts are deprecated
What is DSC
DSC (DNS Stats Collector) is a system for collecting and exploring statistics from busy DNS servers. It uses a distributed architecture with Collectors running on or near nameservers sending their data to one or more central Presenters for display and archiving. Collectors use pcap to sniff network traffic. They transmit aggregated data to the Presenter as XML data. Read more… at the DNS-OARC Tools DSC Page